Here is an easy economical skillet meal to make for your family especially on a weeknight. With just a bit of dicing and using some pantry ready items you will have a dinner the family will enjoy. Clean up is quick and easy too!
Kielbasa and Yellow Rice Skillet Dinner
- 1 package kielbasa (14-16 ounce – Your choice, Polish, Turkey or Beef) sliced. (If you are feeding a large family or group of hungry eaters use 2 packages if you would like more meat)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Large Onion chopped
- 3 Cloves Garlic minced
- 1 Green or Red Bell Pepper – diced
- 1 can (15 oz.)Black Beans (Do not drain)
- 1 Large can (28 oz.) Diced Tomatoes (Do not drain)
- 1 can Corn or Mexi-Corn or Fiesta Corn –Drained
- 1 tsp Spanish Style Paprika
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 10 oz. package yellow rice (Cook according to the directions on the package) I recommend to prepare this first
Heat oil on medium high heat, add the kielbasa, diced green pepper, onion & garlic. Cook until the onion and pepper is tender, be careful not to burn the garlic. Add the black beans (Do not drain), tomatoes (Do not drain), corn (drained), and seasonings. Cook to a boil and reduce heat for 6-8 minutes. Fold in the cooked Yellow Rice, stirring to combine the ingredients.
Serve with your favorite hot sauce, Cholula is a favorite in our house.
Thank you for visiting!
Please share this site with your family and friends and ask them to join Sundays in a Small Kitchen to see what my next cooking adventure will be. I hope my recipes will inspire you to get take some time to cook in your kitchen no matter what size your kitchen is.
Please Like and leave a comment, I would love to hear from you and what see what you are making.